Full-frame K-mount AF Ricoh MILC (GXR/module?)

Started Mar 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
anthony mazzeri
Senior MemberPosts: 1,636
Like?
Full-frame K-mount AF Ricoh MILC (GXR/module?)
Mar 25, 2013

According to a chap name Mike Svitek on Google+ who is supposedly testing the new Pentax full frame DSLR who heard it from a friend of a friend :

https://plus.google.com/109859150130478662888/posts/38szYDDfJCt

Even though it will be K mount, it will have a shorter flange distance so will have its own new lenses (otherwise I assume needs an adapter), ie like the Micro-4/3 version of the standard 4/3 mount.... basically what everyone was originally expectiing in the K-01 before it was actually released.

So there we have it - Ricoh's likely new MILC system will be a full-frame from the outset and not even bother with APSC or smaller any more. ALso, the choice of the K-mount I think is a good one as it is exactly what I wrote before about the NEX (I think) and Samsung and even M4/3 forays missed - the ability to cover a full frame sensor - so it may actually pay off for those like Pentax Ricoh to enter the MILC game last rather than being first, allowing them to wait to see the future is with larger sensors rather than fully committing to APSC or smaller only..

Pentax K-01 Pentax K-m (K2000)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow