Started Mar 24, 2013 | Questions thread
Digital Nigel
Senior MemberPosts: 2,310Gear list
Like?
Re: RX100 International package?
In reply to ericN2, Mar 24, 2013

ericN2 wrote:

Jellis96 wrote:

I just ordered an RX100 on-line and the company called me to say that if I'm travelling in other countries than the US (I'm leaving for Italy in 2 weeks), I'm going to need an international package which provides cables and a fast charger that works with 220 power. Apparently the basic camera comes with only a 110 charger. Does this sound right? I also ordered (2) 8G high speed cards which were quoted for $149 My thought was to use multiple smaller cards rather than a single bigger card in case of any problems. Any advice would be welcomed.

.. AND .. in addition to the other poster here.. I don't understand what they are talking about in regard to the 'charger'. With the RX-100 certainly in UK or as many as I've read of in US also - there is no charger as a seperate item..one that you put the battery in seperately OUT OF the camera that is. You charge the battery IN camera via a supplied USB lead.. and THAT only needs a USB supply (5v of course) which can be via a cheap seperate mains-fit plug that has a USB outlet..or even just plug it into your computer USB socket...

Sounds much like a bit of a rip-off firm to me...BEWARE..

Surely you got more than just a USB lead?  Mine also came with a small charger box with a 13 amp plug and USB socket. You could connect the USB lead to this or any other USB socket or charger (such as an iPad charger).

As for SDHC cards, I just bought a couple of Class 10 32 Gb cards for less than £15 each.

Digital Nigel's gear list:Digital Nigel's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow