Started Mar 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
motion
Contributing MemberPosts: 707
Like?
Re: Trackball
In reply to seho, Mar 24, 2013

seho wrote:

Anthony McCallister wrote:

Trackball maybe good for navigating the web, but it is unusable for graphic work requiring precise movements.

Note that the OP did mention having an Intuos graphics tablet, so the trackball wouldn't be a problem for him.

So your experience is also that it's unusable for precision graphic work and that I should use my tablet for that? As far as precise movements go, is a trackball generally worse than a mouse? I'd like to add that before I got my Intuos 4 I used my Powerbook's trackpad for Photoshop editing! It worked pretty well actually except for drawing curves which was a bit tricky. For really precise movement and drawing curves etc. I find the Intuos 4 the only way to go.

Anyway, if the trackball can replace the use/functionality of my mouse I'd be more than happy. I could need the limited space on my desk and eliminate the risks of muscle strain which computer mice use is known for as far as I know. The Magic Trackpad looks interesting, but I'd prefer a wired one which isn't an option, and the risk of muscle strain doesn't sound too appealing.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow