A NEW ASPECT TO CONSIDER FOR ANY LENS!

Started Mar 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
Michael Harvey
Contributing MemberPosts: 539Gear list
Like?
Re: A NEW ASPECT TO CONSIDER FOR ANY LENS!
In reply to soloryb, Mar 24, 2013

OK Mike, I know what you're referring to and have noticed the same with my D800E compared to a D200 and a D700. As you've indicated, 36 MP picks up a lot of details (both wanted and unwanted) compared to 10 or 12 MP sensors. It's just more noticeable with long glass at big distances because there's more s~~t between you and what you're shooting. Do I have that right?;-)

"There's moreresolvable s~~t (at 36mp) between you and what you're shooting".

But I'm not advocating we revert to lesser sensors. As I said earlier, when "poor seeing"(or an inferior lens) is not a problem, the images with 36mp are wonderful.

And in any case, you don't always needto crop using a tunneling electron microscope and rating the sharpness of the images of individual atoms! My original post was just an "observation", not a 'call to arms'! Generally speaking, my D800 images at 75% (even 50%) are superior to what I was getting with the D700.

-- hide signature --

Mike Harvey

Michael Harvey's gear list:Michael Harvey's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Sigma 24-105mm F4 DG OS HSM Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM | A
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow