New EOS-b spec's announced

Started Mar 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Markintosh
Senior MemberPosts: 1,381Gear list
Like?
Re: What is the point...
In reply to devlin2427, Mar 24, 2013

I'm not joking. I own 5DMKII and EOS-M (and Oly E-PL2, which I'm not using anymore). I love EOS-M and taking it everywhere if I want something small and capable. With 22mm pancake it makes great, super compact combo — with IQ of 7D. Since I'm not shooting birds, or sport events — focus speed is not a problem for me. Some of my favourite lenses are MF. I don't want to say anything bad about m43, but quality of the images are so far from APS-C sensor — there is no even point for discussion.

devlin2427 wrote:

Markintosh wrote:

EOS-M is fantastic camera and we will see more great lenses pretty soon. The option to use EF/EF-S lenses make it great second body if you already own Canon lenses. m4/3 will never reach same quality as EOS-M APS-C sensor. But if you looking for more knobs and features list instead quality — EOS-M is not for you. But please stop kidding yourself and stop posting crappy opinion about camera you never owned and used.

The eos m is a fiasco, too late, too short set of lenses.

Funnily enough the current generation of m43 sensors is better than the current canon aps-c sensors. Not to mention the eos-m is idiotically overpriced. I still don't see any benefit of using EF or EF-S lenses, not designed for mirrorless, on a small body with a very slow AF system. I guess you have to love canon quite a lot to consider the eos-m a "fantastic camera".

I really hope, for your sake, that you were joking.

-- hide signature --

Dev |
Rehab is for quitters.

Markintosh's gear list:Markintosh's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS M Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Voigtlander 40mm F2 Ultron SL II Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow