New EOS-b spec's announced

Started Mar 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
Markintosh
Contributing MemberPosts: 944Gear list
Like?
Re: What is the point...
In reply to devlin2427, Mar 24, 2013

I'm not joking. I own 5DMKII and EOS-M (and Oly E-PL2, which I'm not using anymore). I love EOS-M and taking it everywhere if I want something small and capable. With 22mm pancake it makes great, super compact combo — with IQ of 7D. Since I'm not shooting birds, or sport events — focus speed is not a problem for me. Some of my favourite lenses are MF. I don't want to say anything bad about m43, but quality of the images are so far from APS-C sensor — there is no even point for discussion.

devlin2427 wrote:

Markintosh wrote:

EOS-M is fantastic camera and we will see more great lenses pretty soon. The option to use EF/EF-S lenses make it great second body if you already own Canon lenses. m4/3 will never reach same quality as EOS-M APS-C sensor. But if you looking for more knobs and features list instead quality — EOS-M is not for you. But please stop kidding yourself and stop posting crappy opinion about camera you never owned and used.

The eos m is a fiasco, too late, too short set of lenses.

Funnily enough the current generation of m43 sensors is better than the current canon aps-c sensors. Not to mention the eos-m is idiotically overpriced. I still don't see any benefit of using EF or EF-S lenses, not designed for mirrorless, on a small body with a very slow AF system. I guess you have to love canon quite a lot to consider the eos-m a "fantastic camera".

I really hope, for your sake, that you were joking.

-- hide signature --

Dev |
Rehab is for quitters.

Markintosh's gear list:Markintosh's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS M Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Voigtlander 40mm F2 Ultron SL II Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow