Lack of posted JK Kodak information

Started Mar 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
n3eg
Contributing MemberPosts: 665Gear list
Like?
Re: Lack of posted JK Kodak information
In reply to SW Anderson, Mar 24, 2013

SW Anderson wrote:

Very interesting. Did you notice that in one of the photos below, the area behind the businessmen is covered with "Pixpro/Kodak" logo-like lithography? I gather the Pixpro name resonates with Chinese consumers as much or more than Kodak, or else the company is trying to make it do that.

The rest of the camera world has Finepix, Coolpix, Rebel, EOS, and so on, so JK Kodak of course needs something to replace Easyshare.  Or maybe Easyshare translated to "wife-swap" in Chinese.

Alas, the Kodak/Pixpro bridge camera looks like a simplified, auto-everything mass-market model aimed at snapshooters. No EVF or optical finder, just the LCD. I hope the micro four thirds model will be designed for enthusiasts.

Yes, it looks more like a point and shoot than a real bridge.   From the likely mock-up of the S1 micro four thirds, it looks like there is an add-on EVF for the top.  Let's hope it does reasonably well when the reviewers compare it to the OM-D or whatever unfair comparison they'll make.  Rumors say it may have a Sony sensor - who knows?

-- hide signature --

It ain't easy being me, but someone's gotta do it.

n3eg's gear list:n3eg's gear list
Kodak EasyShare Z990 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II +29 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow