A NEW ASPECT TO CONSIDER FOR ANY LENS!

Started Mar 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
jhinkey
Senior MemberPosts: 2,339Gear list
Like?
Re: A NEW ASPECT TO CONSIDER FOR ANY LENS!
In reply to Michael Harvey, Mar 24, 2013

Michael Harvey wrote:

jhinkey wrote:

This is not "A New Aspect" - It's a very old one that is only "new" to those not experienced with either telescopes or long telephotos. Atmospheric haze, polarization, turbulence, and temperature/density gradients in the atmosphere play an important role in long distance tele work.

The OP's explanation is highly simplified as well - that's OK, but it's not the whole story.

John

I promised myself I was just going to ignore the JEDI photographers and posters who consider MENSA to be an organization for the intellectually-challenged. But, geez...c'mon guys!

Do you actually READ what's posted? Or do you just assume you already know so much that you don't need to. If so, you missed the point. It was SUPPOSED to be "simple"...and it was merely pointing out that atmospheric effects are now more pronounced and obvious due to the increased resolution of our sensors.

For those of you who have responded positively - thank you so much. I guess these forums have become less about enthusiastic amateurs sharing information and experiences, and more about bloviating egotists who can't miss an opportunity to demonstrate their 'superiority' over the teeming masses. Are they compensating for something?

Eventually, they'll kill the fun and helpfulness of this forum just as they have destroyed others in the past.

-- hide signature --

Mike Harvey

Chill Mike - it's all in your wording. Yes I read the whole posting and hence my comments. Not all responses have to be positive - a little constructive feedback is a good thing.  I did not personally insult you in any way or use harsh language, so I'm not sure why you seem to be getting upset.

John

jhinkey's gear list:jhinkey's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Nikon D800 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow