Explanation for an Odd GH3 Image Result?

Started Mar 24, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PC Wheeler
Forum ProPosts: 13,981Gear list
Like?
Explanation for an Odd GH3 Image Result?
Mar 24, 2013

This morning I turned on the level function in my GH3 viewfinder and shot a couple of shots to see how it was working. This image is one of several, and shows an odd distortion along the boundary between wall and ceiling and a trim strip just below.

The two straight lines are oddly skewed in two places, one about a third of the way in from the left side of the frame and the other about a third of the way from the right side. I've never seen this before and cannot duplicate it now. Shooting with new GH3 (200 shots so far) and Panasonic 14-140 lens. I've checked and the electronic shutter is off (and I've not yet used it).

Any thoughts as to what is going on here? This is a shot I've made countless times with many cameras for test purposes and I've not seen it before or since. And, lacking well placed straight lines it would be hard to detect.

-- hide signature --

Phil

PC Wheeler's gear list:PC Wheeler's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Canon PowerShot G15 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
ANSWER:
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow