Started Mar 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
Ralph McKenzie
Senior MemberPosts: 1,703Gear list
Like?
Re: HS50 settings
In reply to jcmarfilph, Mar 24, 2013

jcmarfilph wrote:

Ralph McKenzie wrote:

With all due respect Joms, all of those are dreadful and full of chromatic abberation as well.

We are talking about L size vs upsize Msize because many people including you think that M size is better both in DR and resolution.

I never said its better for resolution using M size. As I have repeatedly said here and on my blog for resolution EXR HR is the best mode.

No crispness in the detail and yes its easy to tell which is which, just looking at the image size tells us a lot.

Yes because M size loses detail when upsized to 16mp.

Why on earth would you upsize a 6mp image. Anyone who's ever done this with a photo can tell you that image resolution is rapidly lost, you cant add data & resolution to an image.

The 8mp images all look like you have up sized them to match the larger image. Pixelization is horrendous If you haven't altered these images then I seriously think you should have sent your HS30 back and get a replacement because these are beyond dreadful.

Nope. I have done much more tremendous work with HS30 so it is not a faulty camera.

Still remain of the same view here.

How about doing the same with your HS50 and see if the results are better. One thing I would strongly advise too is to whenever possible don't use multi-metering, its almost always wrong. Iv'e done a lot of work with several Fuji cameras and in 95% of all the test I did Multi-metering failed to produce an acceptable image.

Again that test was done both in M and L with same settings except size and DR. You need to do a lot of PP to recover highlights which is very minimal.

As above how about doing the same tests with the HS50, except this time dont upsize the image, its not going to help.

-- hide signature --

Love dat Fuji
http://akiwiretrospective.wordpress.com/
Fuji HS20EXR
Fuji HS10,
Pentax K1000, Pentax sf7, Pentax zx-50

-- hide signature --

-=[ Joms ]=-

-- hide signature --

Love dat Fuji
http://akiwiretrospective.wordpress.com/
Fuji HS20EXR
Fuji HS10,
Pentax K1000, Pentax sf7, Pentax zx-50

Ralph McKenzie's gear list:Ralph McKenzie's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix HS20 EXR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow