Simurgh
Junior MemberPosts: 25
Like?
Re: Nex6 vs Nex7N? Should I wait?
In reply to blue_skies, Mar 24, 2013

blue_skies wrote:

Simurgh wrote:

Silhouettes wrote:

Wont 7N cost more than 900£? I think the 7 cost more like a 1000-1100£ when it came out and for quite a while onwards.

I'd say: Go for the 6. I went from Canon 450Dwith a 24-700mm beast to the Nex-6 in october, and the difference in wheight has made me bring my camera to a lot more places where I'd normally not brought any gear (reduction in weightfrom 1,3 Kg --> less than 500g). Essentially I carry the camera with me wherever I go, without any hassles with the kit-zoom AND a Samyang 8mm fisheye. The Image quality and ISO performance was WAY better than my 450D, so I opened up for more creative opportunities aswell. The difference in cost between a future 7N and the 6 would be more than enough to buy a nice lens in addition to the kit..

EDIT: As for autofocusing, I don't think I have missed many shots that my old 450D would have hit..

I just shared a similar thinking before reading your post.

I really like the portability of NEX6 - it's like a major deal for me over 550D. I just don't like to carry DSLR if it's not a special occasion (especially on trips) - I like to keep it more discrete.

Is there any particular lens kit you would put as necessary apart from standard 16-50 that's coming with NEX6? Can I work only with 16-50?

Get the Nex-6 with 1650 and E35 versus the Nex-7N with kit lens.

Then look at more lenses down the line.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

Thanks Hanry. Probably stupid question but do you think Sony SEL35F18 E 35mm lens?

It's about £450 new in UK. You think that's the fair price?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow