Dell2713HM keeps reverting to standard preset

Started Mar 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
NikonMike
Senior MemberPosts: 1,043Gear list
Like?
Re: Dell2713HM keeps reverting to standard preset
In reply to vpeters, Mar 24, 2013

Thanks a lot.   I'm thinking that the older profile doesn't affect it either.  When you go into the Dell Display Manager and select a profile, that is the one that is used. To be honest, I'm not 100% sure what the old profile is.  I found one that's named "1-generic PnP monitor" which I believe is it.  As you need to purchase the $250 Xrite I1 Display Pro to establish your own custom profile, I'm planning to just use the pre-calibrated sRGB and RGB profiles at least for now.  If I find prints aren't matching what is on screen, then I'll need to bite the bullet I guess.  According to a test I read on the U2413 monitor, it's supposed to be very accurate.  That said, at times I feel like there's a slight yellowish cast, but I'm sure it's just me.  Overall, I'm very impressed with the new monitor, as I can now see shades and colors that I never could before.  Never thought I would ever spend $500 for a monitor, but I think it will be worth it.

NikonMike's gear list:NikonMike's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX200V
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow