GoPro waves the DCMA at a review done by digitalrev.com

Started Mar 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
quadrox
Contributing MemberPosts: 992Gear list
Like?
Re: Complain to gopro and share your experiences!
In reply to edispics, Mar 24, 2013

edispics wrote:

Interesting. I have no idea what the law is in this regard.

I am not a lawyer either, but...

But in thinking about this I came up with this example. Say I work for B&H Photo and I am selling D600s. Does that mean to say I could take a D600 out into my backyard, stick it on top of a fence pole, take a snap, and use that photo in my online store as the product photo?

Of course - why not? Clearly I am allowed to do this with used items that sell e.g. on ebay. Why should it matter if the item is new?

Nikon would not complain? Nikon would have no recourse?

Recourse to what? How does it damage them? The worst that can happen is that my store get's less customers because they don't like my product photos, but why should Nikon care?

As long as I don't deliberately do my best to actually make the product look bad (damage it or whatever) and make false claims, but simply show the product as it is, Nikon should have no legal hold over me whatsoever.

quadrox's gear list:quadrox's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 55-200mm f/4.5-5.6 II USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow