Started Mar 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
JulesJ
Forum ProPosts: 33,071
Like?
Re: Laptop for serious amateur photographer
In reply to lnguyenh, Mar 24, 2013

lnguyenh wrote:

Hello,

I am on the hunt to upgrade my current laptop (Dell inspiron 1520, 4G RAM, Core 2 duo, Seagate Momentum 750GB). I use my laptop for all my photo work, with Lightroom and Photoshop. I also have an old Eizo screen 19" that I use when I want more screen surface. I use the Xrite eyeone display 2 to calibrate my screens.

The ideal setup might be a desktop computer, but it just doesnt fit my current lifestyle.

I have been looking at the Asus rog g55 and g75.

I would like a good setup performance wise (Right now my files are 12 MP, but they might get bigger in the near future). My budget is around 1200 euros. I would prefer a touchpad with "separated mouse buttons". I am not after ultimate portability. I am more for a solid build, with little noise and good cooling (which are big selling points for the Asus G55 and G75). The screen should be decent, but doesnt have to be pro grade (within my budget it is probably out of reach anyways).

Do you have an opinion about 15 vs 17 inch for laptops? Do you agree with the G55/G75 suitability for photo related work? Other laptops I should look at?

Solve all your problems and get a Mac laptop. Don't muck about with a Windows based one.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow