5D M3 vs D800E, and the billionth question.

Started Mar 24, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Maxwiz
New MemberPosts: 21
Like?
5D M3 vs D800E, and the billionth question.
Mar 24, 2013

I realize this has been asked numerous times before but I really need real-time feedback; not reading reviews and deciding who's right/wrong. I'm an amateur photographer that's looking to go pro and has been able to produce some awesome results(imo) on my DX cameras so far and I'm looking to get better. To do this and be serious about it I realize I need to go FX. I narrowed it down to Nikon's D800E(I don't believe I'll have any issues with artifacts or moire) and Canon's EOS 5D Mark iii. Here's where I'm stuck in the middle: I'm not a pixel counter but I am a lover of detail and the D800E is the most obvious choice when it comes to that. However, between reading about people that have the left-side AF problem and Nikon's nearly non-existent customer service I'm fearful of getting something I won't get support on. On Canon's side: I love taking video and being able to 'roll film' on a true pro level along with taking some awesome photos and the obvious choice in this category is the 5D M3. I'm really leaning on the Nikon side but I'm fearful of all the issues I mentioned. I'm going to be reposting this in the appropriate Canon forum as well as not to get lopsided opinion. Again, this is more or less about real-time feedback vs reading reviews posted months ago. So please let me know folks!

Thanks in advance if you decide to reply!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow