GRDIV or X100

Started Mar 24, 2013 | Questions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
gooseta
gooseta Contributing Member • Posts: 707
GRDIV or X100

I'm looking for something to replace my brilliant Sigma DP1M which I recently sold due to not using it enough (it's too much of a niche for me). I'm looking for a compact with preferably a fast prime or fast zoom lens that has a decent HIGH ISO sensor. The GRDIV looks fantastic and I love the build but I can pick up an X100 for £550, while the GRDIV is £400. The X100 has a massive sensor and that wonderful vf, and with the vf the GRD is about £500. Both are very compact and have advantages and disadvantages. I like the GRD's fast focusing, but in the end I don't shoot action with compacts, I leave that to my K5iis. I am particulary attracted to the vf in the X100, as it has the nice hybrid tech in it, but the GRD just looks like it would fit a bit better in my hands.

-- hide signature --

Angad S. aka gooseta
LBA and CBA haunt me.
angadsrin.zenfolio.com
K5iis with FA* 24/2, FA 35/2, 35/2.4, M 50/1.7, Tamron 70-200/2.8, Sigma 70/2.8 macro

gooseta's gear list:gooseta's gear list
Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 17-70mm F4.0 AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA* 300mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Sigma 70mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Pentax K-5 Sigma DP1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow