Intel or AMD

Started Mar 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
edispics
Senior MemberPosts: 1,549
Like?
Re: Intel or AMD
In reply to chris49, Mar 24, 2013

I have been building my own PCs for longer than I can remember and I totally agree with the previous comments about buying Intel. Spend some time choosing your motherboard carefully, make sure you have your Sata3 and USB 3 connections. Make sure you have an adequate video card, PS CS6 chokes on some low end cards. Memory is cheap these days, buy as much as you can afford. OCZ and Crucial make good SSDs. If you want a little more bang for your photo storage, take a look at the Seagate Momentus XT hybrid drives - part SSD, part mechanical, very fast, lots of storage. If buying from WD, take a look at the Blacks rather than the Greens. Get a reputable, reliable power supply, don't scrimp. Get a case with really good ventilation. Win 8 has much better memory management. Don't like Metro, no problem, just get Classic Menu from Source Forge, it's free and gives you back your traditional desktop with the start button, and you can still flip into Metro when you want to - best of both worlds. Set up properly with Win 8, a good Intel processor, lots of good high speed memory, and SSDs - these suckers fly. Good luck and enjoy.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow