Started Mar 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
effeotto
New MemberPosts: 15
Like?
Powershot S100 lens error solved
Mar 24, 2013

Today I joined the lens error group, but managed to solve the problem by myself!
My camera comes from two ebay purchases, one for a camera with a defective lens (probably bumped) that I dismantled and tried to repair, but the damaged part was unrepairable. Then I bought a lens unit, given as not affected by the lens problem.
So I assembled the lens unit in my camera and everything worked well for weeks... until today: the camera wasn't dropped or bumped and was always in a cushioned carry bag.
I didn't want to give up so I dismantled the camera again, checking at every step if the lens was able to come to life again, until it did!
I noticed a small connector in the front part of the naked camera that was not sitting well in its receptacle so I reseated it properly, add a small piece of tape to avoid further dislodging and reassembled everything.

This is the connector that could be causing the lens error: the little play the lens assembly has can induce a slight traction and lead to a disalignment of the little plug and then a false contact.
In my case unplugging, plugging back again and securing with a little piece of tape, solved the lens error!

The camera now works flawlessy and I'm an happy camper again!

Hope this helps...;-)

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow