Can someone help?New to fuji x100. Is this flare?

Started Mar 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
PeterPrism
Senior MemberPosts: 1,057Gear list
Like?
Re: Can someone help?New to fuji x100. Is this flare?
In reply to famous amos, Mar 24, 2013

famous amos wrote:

PeterPrism wrote:

famous amos wrote:

It is completely clean. That was what I thought at first too. Is there a chance that there is light leaking through as was mentioned in the other thread?

Sorry but at this point I think you have a total loss of sharpness even in lighting conditions "standard". I think there are real problems of the camera/lens ...

I'm starting to think so too. I initially thought it was user error because the other half of my outdoor pics were perfectly exposed with really pretty fuji colors. I love those photos. But the other half came out like that--a strange haze/flare/veil.

I knew the price was too good to be true. I got the camera from amazon warehouse deals at a bargain price. Seems like they just quickly glanced at the camera to see if there were scratches, thought nothing was wrong, marked it as "like new", and resold it to me.

I guess if I really want the fuji experience, I should buy a new x100s with a full warranty just in case something like this happens...

I initially had the x-e1 with 18-55mm and 35mm and absolutely loved the photos that came out of it, but thought the AF was horrible. I could not justify spending $2000 at the time on the cameras. Then I saw this wonderful bargain x100 and thought "I could totally live with the slow AF/startup time at that pricepoint ". If the x100s's AF is as fast as the OMD's, I will take a closer look at it. I will wait for more reviews of the x100s if this x100 turns out to be a lemon, but I really hope that I could keep this x100!

Or send it to now Fuji and repair!

PeterPrism's gear list:PeterPrism's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow