Started Mar 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
bluemoonman
Regular MemberPosts: 334
Like?
Re: Springtime In Shropshire.
In reply to DarthVader, Mar 24, 2013

DarthVader wrote:

Hi bluemoonman,

I understand exactly what you're going through, because I was in the same dilemma. After having used the SX50 for 3 months now (and also having the G15 as a DSLR substitute), I decided to sell my 60D with all the 4 lenses and the big Lowepro bag! I already sold my 70-300 L lens (and almost got what I paid for it myself a year ago!), and now I'm trying to sell the rest.

For me, the main reason to do it, was the weight and the non-flexibility regarding the lens. You know, even with a DSLR you can miss shots, especially when the wrong lens is mounted. I know about the weaknesses of the SX50, but I also know about its strenghts.

I'll go for a hiking holiday in Greece next month, and I just could not imagine carrying almost 2 kg (60D with 70-300L) of gear around my neck for 6 or 7 hours per day, when it can be done with less than a third of that weight.

Don't get me wrong: I LOVED the 60D and think it's a great camera, but it just was not the right thing for ME. But who knows, maybe I'll regret my decision soon ... but that's the same with EVERY decision you make: you only know AFTERWARDS whether it was the right one or not ... that's just the nature of decisions ...

Cheers from Switzerland (where we don't have snow anymore where I live, but it's still cold with chilly winds blowing),

Kurt

-- hide signature --

Don't underestimate the Force!

Kurt, Thanks for the informative reply, strange how there is always a compromise, the ease of use, flexibility & zoom range of the sx50 is a huge bonus but the evf & slow focus are difficult to put up with,

I think for now I will keep my DSLR but cant really afford in the long run to keep both set ups, like yourself I am going on holiday in a couple of weeks & what happens then will probably make my mind up, Thanks again, Jon.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow