real d800 vs em5

Started Mar 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
Adventsam
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,983
Like?
Re: D800 vs EM5 Image Comparison: proves what exactly?
In reply to tt321, Mar 24, 2013

tt321 wrote:

tgutgu wrote:

joe talks photography wrote:

Comparing the output of D800 with EM5 proves what exactly? I say, not much at all. The EM5 produces images of a decent quality...for what it is. Isn't that enough? The D800 is in a different league entirely (and I netiher own one nor am I a shill for any manufacturer).

-- hide signature --

Joe

It proves that cameras like the D800 are overkill in terms of size and weight, because the difference of the results are irrelevant for most applications.

But it's very nice indeed and there is an observable advantage, if you can afford the cost, size and weight.

Only with the 36mp chip, with the 24mp chip its difficult to see from most samples I have. I think what people see with FF in general is the 9 bladed optics and the very smooth bokeh and easier-soother image separation to the eye. For landscape am not sure there is any advantage. Like you say, its your money if you prefer it go for it, but in mind now, 24mp aps-c is no better than m43, which is interesting to say the least.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow