7D Question

Started Mar 24, 2013 | Questions thread
birdbrain
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,390Gear list
Like?
Re: 7D Question
In reply to Luther T, Mar 24, 2013

To be honest most of what I would like 'improved' on the 7D is mainly ergonomics. I like the button layout on the 5D3 better it seems more logical. I also like the way the 'Q' button steps you through the menu categories and I also like the way the custom settings can be updated on the 5D3. So having those on a 7D would be nice, well for me

It would be nice to improve its noise performance, but there again having got Neat Image for photoshop I have sort of done that myself Not that I find it noise performance that bad generally its the higher ISO's where sometimes you have to go when using a big telephoto.

I read somewhere that the new super-teles focus faster on the 1Dx as its battery has a higher voltage. So not necessarily make it like a 1Dx but by adding a grip with two batteries you get this faster focussing?

As I have said in other posts, now I have an A3 printer and printing out some of my best 7D shots to A3 my admiration for this camera has increased even more. Holding up an A3 print then envisaging the size of sensor that came from brings a smile to my face.

But nothing major and I could quite happily continue using it just as it is for quite a while I think.

You don't have to keep updating your camera, in the days of film you could have the same body for many years and still be happy.

-- hide signature --

Phil
I wondered why the ball kept getting bigger, then it hit me.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/philthebirdbrain/

birdbrain's gear list:birdbrain's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow