Started Mar 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
BirgerH
Senior MemberPosts: 1,093Gear list
Like?
Re: Windows 8
In reply to rio911, Mar 24, 2013

rio911 wrote:

JulesJ wrote:

Apart from buying it with a new machine, is anyone going to bother to update their W7 machine with the new OS? I am not a fan of W7 and wish I stil had XP. Burning discs on 7 is a pain compared to on a Mac. Anyone tried 8 yet?

Jules

No, not yet. I have tried it, but basically the metro page and not being able to have more than 1 window open are a deal breakers for me.

You're rearly missing something.

In the Desktop-mode, you can run all your windows-programs, just as you are used to.

In Metro-mode you can run as many apps at the same time, as you want to, without closing them down, but every app takes the hole screen. You navigate between them from the left upper corner. I very seldom use the Metro-UI maybee later on I will.

With a Little $5 program, (Start8) you don't even have to start in Metro-UI.

And to JulesJ, yes i've tried to burn disc from Win8 - from the Desktop-UI and using Nero. No problems at all, don't remember any in Win7 either.

I liked Win7 - it was far better than Vista (and so was XP) and to me until then, the very best from MS ever. Win8 work even better, quicker and easier than Win7.

Theese are, of course my opinions, but that was what you asked for , I think.

Regards

BirgerH.

BirgerH's gear list:BirgerH's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Tamron SP AF 11-18mm F/4.5-5.6 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron AF 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow