Started Mar 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
Wellington100
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,754Gear list
Like?
Re: HS50 settings
In reply to jcmarfilph, Mar 24, 2013

jcmarfilph wrote:

Wellington100 wrote:

I came up with an outdoor daylight Black and White setting for EXR cameras which is:

S/N mode, ISO100, B&W, -1EV and lift the shadows in PP to bring out the tones that you want.

Try it on the HS50 in strong sunlight especially and I bet you will get both great contrast and as much tone in PP as you can handle.

I shoot this in jpeg on my F300 and even then it works very well I think.

Since you've done tremendous amount of PP in JPEG, why not do it in RAW? See my samples above, upsampled M size cannot match the LSize in resolution. DR difference is almost nil and is only visible if you will pull down the highlight and lift the shadows. Again I can do it easily with L size too and much better in RAW.

Actually I hardly did any PP on the images other than lift the shadows back up and sharpen and define slightly. I may also have tweaked the contrast, I don't remember. I used iPhoto which is about 10% as complex as the Silkypix screen you were showing. As far as I can tell I am the only person I know who uses iPhoto but thats because I have not yet upgraded to Mountain Lion which allows iPhoto to share the same library with Aperture. In the older OS I have, a new library is created for Aperture, which I dont want to happen.

-- hide signature --

Doctors are bad for your lifestyle.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow