HS50 settings

Started Mar 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
NOEL 100
Contributing MemberPosts: 665Gear list
Like?
Re: Have to agree.
In reply to Ralph McKenzie, Mar 24, 2013

I like others have C set up with the "recommended HS settings" and generally get good results. But I also use the auto modes on occasions when I feel the "preferred settings" are a bit restrictive. Auto modes can do a pretty good job when you haven't got the time to play around and I wouldn't discount them totally.

After a lot of playing around I've come to the conclusion that shooting RAW has little gain for me. JPEGs out of the 30 are really good enough for most of my needs and the added extra of PP RAW in one of the packages doesn't really return the value for effort factor. I'll also say that I've tweaked the odd JPEG when needed with good results but it's not an every day event.

Ralph you must just about have your finger on the buy button by now?

Must comment that I prefer Sharpness at hard it suits my personal taste, medium, just a bit soft for me especially at some of the longer shots.

-- hide signature --

Noel 100

NOEL 100's gear list:NOEL 100's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix HS30EXR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-300mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow