Pixma Pro 100 prints are too dark

Started Jan 18, 2013 | Questions thread
Petruska
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,470
Like?
Re: Pixma Pro 100 prints are too dark
In reply to penns, Mar 24, 2013

penns wrote:

Just to review--Prints were pronting dark. (Darker than same pics printed on HP printer) Called Canon. Told me to bring it in to service. Canon sent me a new printer.

So here I am and the printer is still printing the same, so it has to ba a setting. I had been focusing on one particular print that had a beautifil blue sky and couldn't get the sky right. I printed out several other pictures and I've figured out it is NOT a problem with darkness. It is a problem with the blue. I am getting more magenta in the blue than I should be so the sky looks darker, grayer, or purpler. I printed a pic with green orange and yellow tulips and it was beautiful. Much sharper than the pic printed on the HP.

Then I tried printing other pictures with a lot of blue. Hydrangeas were purple and gray, There is some blue, but it is not as bright and clear as it should be. Next I printed a pic of a fish market where the fish were in bright blue plastic tubs. Definite purple overtone.

Any idea how to fix this? Thanks!

If the colors are out of the printer's color gamut it will be impossible to print them.  You need to soft-proof the image in say Photoshop, and turn on the gamut warning.  If the blue area is greyed out then you can't print that particular blue.  The rendering intent (relative or perceptual)  selected in the print window will remap that out of gamut blue color to another blue color that is in the printer's gamut even if it is incorrect..  Plus it is a known fact that monitor blues are brighter and have a difficult time with print to monitor matching. Remember the monitor is a transmitted light and the print a reflected light, colors will perceived differently.

Bob P.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow