Term project - Shooting the sky with the Sony NEX7

Started Mar 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
ZhanMInG12
Junior MemberPosts: 49Gear list
Like?
Re: Term project - Shooting the sky with the Sony NEX7
In reply to RonFrank, Mar 24, 2013

RonFrank wrote:

Shooting the sky in a landscape image is rather broad. Kinda like saying your portraits will include a subject. You provided no guidelines for this assignment.

One observation - less is more, and a portfolio may not need so many images, but that goes back to my first comments.

I would assume you have been getting direction from the teacher? I am not a big fan of silhouettes and prefer images like #7. Maybe provide more detail in your foregrounds.

-- hide signature --

No, but I am hoping to use only photos that discreetly show foreground to the extent of helping the viewer know where they are, but no more. I have been looking at similar works, but they generally go for the telephoto/medium format look, which is a bit confined for my taste.

I should have mentioned that this is a first draft, though Sorted of wanted to see how others thought about the topic.

About the silhouettes, you can see a LOT of details at 18*27, I made sure to expose for the darker areas, at web size and after going through DP galleries they're just meh.

-- hide signature --

too lazy for DSLRs:-)

ZhanMInG12's gear list:ZhanMInG12's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 600D Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7R +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow