MAC
Forum ProPosts: 12,371Gear list
Like?
Re: That's it!
In reply to schmegg, Mar 24, 2013

schmegg wrote:

Just another Canon shooter wrote:

Dave Luttmann wrote:

We can scan charts til the cows come homE. In photographs, it is clear the 5D resolves less.

The posted photos, actually, confirm the charts and do not necessarily contradict, nor they confirm, what you say. The 60D has an advantage close to its extinct resolution, close to Nyquist; with very low contsrast. The 5D shows advantage in what is usually called local contrast but what most test sites call resolution as well - MTF-20 or MTF-50, etc. The 60D advantage at the extinct resolution can and has been measured, by DXOmark, for example, but the data is no longer on their site.

I guess, if I were into forensic photography, I would choose the 60D. For most photographic purposes, the posted images of the 5D look more attractive to me.

Ah, yes. But that's entirely a different topic. And very subjective - unlike resolving capabilities.

To be perfectly honest, I doubt you'd be able to correctly identify which images came from which camera in a blind test of well processed files. I know I couldn't.

yep, processing changes everything, and I own the technology that is the subject of this thread.

but what Canon did with the T4i Raw files right out of the camera -- is tune the T4i to 1dx sharpness levels -- and I see more like 5dc actuance right out of the camera than my 60d fles right out of camera. For high iso, with the T4i, when you have zero on the LR slider for sharpness and zero on the noise slider with the T4i - it is still closer to the 5dc actuance right out of the camera - and only 1/2 stop away from 5dc at iso 3200

T4i beats the 24 mpxl nikon too - imo

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/51142032

This is why I'm so interested in the new $500 sigma 30 f1.4 ART - which has much better MTF's than the old one and close to the MTF's of the new sigma 35.

This new 30 Art lens could just make me sell my 5dc. I need a 4stop IS 60 f2 though

MAC's gear list:MAC's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 650D Canon EOS 100D Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WhatNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow