schmegg
schmegg MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,130
Like?
Re: That's it!
In reply to Just another Canon shooter, Mar 24, 2013

Just another Canon shooter wrote:

Dave Luttmann wrote:

We can scan charts til the cows come homE. In photographs, it is clear the 5D resolves less.

The posted photos, actually, confirm the charts and do not necessarily contradict, nor they confirm, what you say. The 60D has an advantage close to its extinct resolution, close to Nyquist; with very low contsrast. The 5D shows advantage in what is usually called local contrast but what most test sites call resolution as well - MTF-20 or MTF-50, etc. The 60D advantage at the extinct resolution can and has been measured, by DXOmark, for example, but the data is no longer on their site.

I guess, if I were into forensic photography, I would choose the 60D. For most photographic purposes, the posted images of the 5D look more attractive to me.

Ah, yes. But that's entirely a different topic. And very subjective - unlike resolving capabilities.

To be perfectly honest, I doubt you'd be able to correctly identify which images came from which camera in a blind test of well processed files. I know I couldn't.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WhatNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow