Prints on glossy paper turn out slightly dark

Started Mar 21, 2013 | Questions thread
francesco from rome
Forum MemberPosts: 90Gear list
Like?
Re: Prints on glossy paper turn out slightly dark
In reply to camerashy, Mar 23, 2013

camerashy wrote:

Could you please explain how you are 'creating a profile for this monitor setting'

thanks

dave

Hi Dave,

I simply adjusted the brightness on the monitor (by directly pressing the buttons on the monitor, not via software) and then I calibrated again with the Huey pro.Please ask if you need other details, but it's really only this.

I am currently printing a bw print which I was not satisfied with: let's see if this time it will be better

I will add a brief story to give a warning to other who may try:

I actually calibrated with the colormunki, too. This is interesting, since it has an advanced mode where you can set the target brightness in cd/m^2. After calibration I inadvertently created a conflict with the Huey pro: since both devices tried to "gain control" of the profile, I had to disable one. Trouble is that the windows color management tool was confused, too, and continued to pop up a warning telling me that "the devices tab has been updated following a change in the hardware" (I am translating, the actual message was localized to italian). This was nasty but I fixed it, basically resetting to factory settings which cleared the confusion. Then I proceeded to calibrate with the huey pro and called it a day.

Francesco

francesco from rome's gear list:francesco from rome's gear list
Fujifilm X100S
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow