Why use Pentax?

Started Mar 18, 2013 | Questions thread
NotSteve
Regular MemberPosts: 184Gear list
Like?
Re: Why use Pentax?
In reply to rwl408, Mar 23, 2013

Rick,

FYI, if you read the very first post, Jake already says he bought his Nikon and is merely curious as to why others chose Pentax. You've quoted his response to the only lame post in the entire thread, from someone who is weirdly defensive, missed the point and accuses him of having some ulterior motive other than curiosity. It was an open ended question and I'd say the responses are as much for the Pentax users to reflect/introspect on how they ended up with Pentax.

Cheers.

rwl408 wrote:

Jake64 wrote:

We can all tell you're a Nikon user, as you haven't taken the time to understand why you're using Nikon, nor can you figure out why people use Pentax. You went with Nikon because everybody else seemed to. Now you're expecting other people to tell you why you should be using Pentax. Are you seeing a pattern yet? No?

I know why I'm a Nikon user. It's called shopping around for a dslr for a couple of months and realizing that it doesn't really matter what you use. Then after this realization, I found someone selling a D5100 with 18-55 and 55-200 lenses with a memory card and a bag. Price? $500. Camera had 750 shutter count. Just how can you say no to that? I'm capable as an amateur photographer but I'm not a semi pro or pro but I know many people around here are. I don't see anything wrong with asking around to learn about other manufacturers and what made people use their equipment. It's nice to hear from someone who has been using a particular brand for 30 years because their reasons interest me. Plus I get to learn a little something along the way. I am not sure why some are regarding my approach as market research or malicious.

Jake,

I am interested in what you would consider the answer to your question but it looks like you have lost your interest already now that you made your purchase. This thread was created as a question and, as a courtesy to this forum readers, you should mark it answered somehow so that others don't waste their time trying to convince you. (This posting is perfectly ok for the purpose.)

Anyway, enjoy your D5100.

- Rick

NotSteve's gear list:NotSteve's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax Q Pentax K-01
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BobNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow