Started Mar 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Resoman
Regular MemberPosts: 138Gear list
Like?
Sigma 50mm f1.4 DG HSM focus woes...
Mar 23, 2013

Recently, I discovered that my Sigma 50mm f1.4 was consistently producing images where the plane of sharp focus was in front of the point focused with the camera. I did some tests to confirm this and the problem was very consistent.

The lens is within warranty and I returned it and my Canon 60D body to Sigma with a description of the problem. Their service was extremely prompt and I received the camera and lens a week later, having had "firmware updated and adjusted AF data". Unfortunately, the focus error is just as it was before the lens was serviced.

I'll certainly bring this up with Sigma next week when their office opens, but I'm wondering if others have had focus errors with this lens and if the problem was solvable.

In many situations the focus error won't be an issue, but I want to be able to use this lens confidently at large apertures.

Thanks,

Gary

Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow