ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
verheyph
Regular MemberPosts: 469Gear list
Like?
Vietnam and Laos with Xpro-1
Mar 23, 2013

Hello.

I return from a trip of almost three weeks in North Vietnam and Laos. This trip was the initial reason to buy a X-Pro1 last fall. The goal was to travel light since one of the planned activities was a medium mountains trek. I was hoping to keep the pretty colors that I usually get with my Nikon D200. Unfortunately the weather was not famous. It is winter there also. Tanks to some PP in LR applied on my jpegs (it was before the 4.4), I could save some pictures from the mist.
I'm happy that, with this combo (Xpro1 + 18-55) , my percentage of photo rejected (not interresting, out of focus, dull, too far, too close,...) remains the same that with my D200 + 17-55 f2.8 combo.
So the goal is reached : travel light AND come back with a collection of acceptable pictures.

Acceptable for me. Now if you are interested, I am interested in your appreciation of my "work".

Two galeries : One for showing people met during the trip. Local ethnic representatives much more easier to capture than with a big DSLR :

The second for a collection of landscapes:
http://verheyph.smugmug.com/Where/Scenes-from-vietnam-and-laos/28522816_tHCG7X

Thanks for looking and for your comments.

-- hide signature --

Cheers - Philippe

verheyph's gear list:verheyph's gear list
Nikon D200 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR +3 more
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow