Started Mar 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
blue_skies
Senior MemberPosts: 6,340Gear list
Like?
Re: NEX shutter and ISO settings?
In reply to TeaAholic, Mar 23, 2013

TeaAholic wrote:

Hello fellow NEX users,

Does it bug you that the NEX doesn't have options to limit or to set lower, upper shutter and ISO limits in semi-automatic modes? With wide angles and standard primes, the camera with slow the shutter down to 1/60, then start increasing the ISO until 3200, then reducing the shutter once again. I think it would great to customise the camera's behaviour, or even better, have different profiles depending on what lens is attached and whether or not OSS is active.

Yes min shutter and max ISO control have been long standing request from all of us.

Even ranges (min-max) for both would be desirable. And preferably being able to store them as profiles in Custom-Settings (C1, C2, C3).

But we stopped being hopeful with each new FW release.

I guess that Sony is reserving this for 'PRO'-line of cameras, and that customer support just doesn't want to get burdened by people who got less-than-desired-results by having set improper limits.

Perhaps something that the 7N may offer?

With the newer fast OSS lenses, the 1/60th is also a non-desirable cut-off. Depending on subject, you can shoot much slower before bumping the ISO (whereas with other subjects you may want a faster cutoff). I have noticed that on some (fast) lenses the camera will select slower, but not on others. And there is iAuto+ now, but I have not played enough to comment on the newer algorithms.

Usually A mode and S mode provide workable work-arounds.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

blue_skies's gear list:blue_skies's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS +27 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow