Woody W.
Senior MemberPosts: 2,467
Like?
Re: More birds, GBHs this time...
In reply to karl mohr, Mar 23, 2013

karl mohr wrote:

Olga Johnson wrote:

karl mohr wrote:

Here's a flickr link to a few more bird shots. Unfortunately, I didn't have the Tamron 70-300 or my T4i. Captured these with my T2i and my Canon 70-300 IS.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/80097516@N08/sets/72157633054810875/

Though not of "eagle quality", very nice captures of some very active birds. Were you at a rookery?

-- hide signature --

Olga

Thanks, Olga,

I guess you could call it a rookery. It was in front of the huge ATT complex between Roselle Rd and Barrington Rd on Central Rd - just off I-90 near Hoffman Estates, IL. I wish I could have had my Tamron with me and these shots may have been a little better. It's on private grounds and the birds are out on a small island in the middle. I was able to walk out on the ice and get near them, only to get kicked out by the security people after 20 minutes or so. So, I probably won't have the chance to get close-ups like this again.

km

There's an actual rookery in a forest preserve between Romeoville and Joliet. GBH, Night Heron, Cormorant, Egrets (snowy and great). Man made structures, but LOTS of birds.

-- hide signature --

- Woody -
Equipment: Enough. For now.
Quote: 'The only thing some people will believe is their own eyes. But in the realm of the quality of a printed image, is there really anything else that can be believed? '

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow