Started Mar 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sandy
Senior MemberPosts: 2,019Gear list
Like?
Comodo queries
Mar 23, 2013

I followed the thread http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3450715 which included many adverse comments about Microsoft Security Essentials and praise for Comodo security.  So I downloaded Comodo and installed the free Internet Security Premium.  I immediately gained an impressive plethora of icons on my desktop.  I dare say a bit of looking around will explain in plain language what each means but right now I'm far from clear. What I have identified so far are either vague advertising descriptions or technical stuff that is beyond me.   Is there a beginner's guide to Comodo somewhere?

A few queries.  It is free which seems to be too good to be true and if something seems too good to be true......  So, what does Comodo get out of this?

I did a full scan and 15 or so suspicious entries were found (I don't have viruses or obvious issues detected by Microsoft SE or Malwarebytes or Superantispyware (I do periodic scans with the latter two, they aren't on all the time).   They volunteer cleaning using geekbuddy -a most considerate offer.  This sounds like a person and free.  I'm reluctant to have a person trawling around my PC and I get suspicious when the service is free.

I tried to print from Qimage and that produced errors.  I've never had problems before.  I uninstalled/reinstalled Qimage and eventually found that if I adjusted a Comodo Firewall setting it worked.

So, what other programs will Comodo be suspicious of?

I am also nervous about programs that get deeply into your PC - I think of Norton, McAfee, Google mail, Yahoo, etc.  Am I right to put Comodo into that category?

-- hide signature --

Sandy

Sandy's gear list:Sandy's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony DT 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow