Veteran MemberPosts: 5,366Gear list
Like?
Re: Why use Pentax?
In reply to ultimitsu, Mar 23, 2013

ultimitsu wrote:

Richard B. wrote:

ultimitsu wrote:

- have you never wanted to photograph the ocean in a storm,

No, never wanted that. Grown up and still lives by the sea, never considered stormy ocean to be a pretty sight worth photographing.

I grew up by the ocean also, a stormy ocean can provide some wonderfully dramatic shots.

rocks wet with rain

Also no, Generally speaking I do not consider raining to be a pretty sight that I want to photograph.

I didn't say photograph the rain, I said wet rocks. The wetness brings out the color and beauty of the rocks. A couple years back, my last day in the White Mountains was heavy mist with rain on and off. You couldn't go out without getting wet, but the combination of wet rocks, color from the fall foliage color and mist made for some beautiful atmospheric shots.

or snow laden trees?

That I would prefer. However I dont think I need WR lens for this.

Fresh snow doesn't stay on tree branches long and if a big clump of snow from a tree branch lands on your camera you will know about it.

Generally speaking, I find weather conditions that demanded WR lens are not attractive enough for me to want to shoot anything.

Landscape photography has much more to offer than simply "pretty" or "attractive" shots.

-- hide signature --
 Richard B.'s gear list:Richard B.'s gear list
Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA 17-70mm F4.0 AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BobNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow