Started Mar 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lloydy
Forum ProPosts: 18,857Gear list
Like?
My HS50 EXR ...
Mar 23, 2013

... Well, my HS50 EXR was supposed to arrive several days back. Finally arrived this morning.

Good news is takes the same battery as the HS30 EXR and also the X-E1. So was able to grab one from the X-E1 and start shooting (almost) straight off.

I say almost as it took an age to find how to set it up to shoot Raw. The manual which came with the camera is in Thai and it took quite a while to find an English version on line. Thanks to Paul (Labe) I finally found the link.

First impressions :

• Quite a lot bigger compared to the HS30 and feels better balanced
  • Love the swivel LCD but most of the time it will be in its stored (protected) position
  • Initial impressions are that focus speed is not different to the HS30 but I will explore that further
  • Sensor still seems more 'noisy' than I think it should be - But will also explore that further

A curious thing - Images at left are the HS50 and at right the HS30. Both at full wide (top) and full zoom (bottom).

As I am sure you can see full wide at 24 mm on the HS50 is not as wide as that on the HS30.

Anyway, back with some images soon.

-- hide signature --

Dave

Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow