I'm Staying Married to Olympus!!

Started Mar 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Darrell500
Senior MemberPosts: 2,019Gear list
Like?
Re: Adding to the silliness
In reply to Barry Stewart, Mar 23, 2013

Barry Stewart wrote:

My first wife, C-5060, left me a widower when she passed away a day after our first anniversary of a congenital defect (the dreaded belly button-dial failure). I tried in vain to save her but it was too late. I keep her in a box, along with our marriage certificate, and I think of her occasionally — especially when I come across our honeymoon photos.

I had always been impressed by her other qualities and kept my eye out for her identical triplet sisters.

Eventually I found them. They had both been scorned by their first lovers but I took them in and I play with them from time to time. They both ask about their sister but I don't have the heart to tell them that she's sitting in pieces in a cardboard box, six inches under their shelf.

One even likes to go swimming, so I bought her some underwater gear. Still, I don't know how long I can stay with them. The one with the long black strap — the one who doesn't like swimming — constantly nags that I "don't turn her on anymore."

"Oh yeah?" I think to myself. "Let me show you what I did to your sister!"

In 2002, I heard about another sibling. She had a fraternal twin, who was the first-born. From her dark looks, I suspect the "twins" actually had different fathers. The other girl was silver — but this one was all black. Many thought the twins were weird-looking but I looked past that when I saw what they could do.

The sister was nicknamed UZI and my new girl was called EZI. I asked why people called her that and she muttered something about "new-in-box." She was still like new when I got her but the fingerprints told me that she had been around the block with some other guys. What they had done on a glass countertop, I didn't want to think about....

But what a relationship we had for a couple of years! I took her everywhere. It was the best action I had had since my Minolta 9xi film days, (at 4.5 fps.) EZI could shoot at 15 fps — and flash me five times in a second.

At that rate, she actually wore my flasher out — and at about the same time, I realized that she was holding me back... despite her machine gun firepower. I appreciated the stability of my zoom, but I couldn't get it to go — you know — fast enough.

This is to funny but I lost with when I read about how many times she flashed you and oh when your zoom stops working they have something that will repair that nowadays.

Oh don't forget some of the best times with your lens are the with the manual ones.

Now were both banned by the dp decency Police

I realized that I was missing the ability to shoot long then turn and fire wide, like I had in the organic era. I needed a DSLR.

(To be continued... if I'm not banned.)

-- hide signature --

Barry

-- hide signature --

"Don't Be Afraid To See What You See"
Darrell

Darrell500's gear list:Darrell500's gear list
Olympus E-500 Olympus E-520 Olympus E-5 Olympus PEN E-P3 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +25 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
MoreNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow