Started Mar 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Dave Luttmann
Forum ProPosts: 11,795Gear list
Like?
Re: please don't twist my photos
In reply to aftab, Mar 23, 2013

aftab wrote:

Keith Z Leonard wrote:

Anyway, my conclusion would be that the 60D resolved more detail in this test case, but I am rather surprised how close the 2 are. To qianp2k's credit the 5D does much better than one would expect for the sensor resolution differences. Different tests with different lenses and different lighting situations might reveal different results too, of course. Even different RAW converters could make a difference, it's all a part of why it's so tough to compare different formats when the results are so close. I wonder too how the t4i or 7d would compare, it would be similar, but I suspect the AA filter differences could be enough to sway it one way or the other.

btw, I compared these files...

5d - 7282

60d - 7344

It is surprising, isn't it? You will be more surprised if you compare pictures taken outside with different lenses.

Anyways, I would love to know where in the scene Peter focused so that we can have a better understanding.

Doesnt really matter.  As we find the resolution advantage to the 60D, where the focus point is, is moot.

-- hide signature --

Life is short.
Travel with passion.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/catch45/

Dave Luttmann's gear list:Dave Luttmann's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Canon PowerShot SX150 IS Canon EOS D30 Canon EOS 10D Nikon D2X +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WhatNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow