D800 AF Issue is NOT resolved. Buyer beware!!!!! Locked

Started Mar 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
moving_comfort
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,689Gear list
Re: Proof is very easy - what's the name of the store?
In reply to Hokkaido Jan, Mar 23, 2013

Hokkaido Jan wrote:

The OP seems to make this a common occurrence? always wi 5 bodies...

Check this post from a thread 4 days ago...

Arretose wrote:

Wow- cash in hand I was walking into ProPhoto a few minutes ago in Portlad, OR to pick up a d800, but read this thread. I have made a 180 and I am walking back to my car. I went thru 5 x d800 bodies last spring 2012 and returned them all because of this issue. I figured that after a year this problem would be resolved, but there are still issues. Guess Thom was off a little eh? This is a fundental design flaw, and that is why Nikon is being quiet. Not to mention, the US economy is likely going to crash before Nikon comes out with a fix/update (like a d600s or d800s)!

From here: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/51111592

Now i definitely smell BS "FUD".

Wow - good find.  5 seems to be the magic number for him!  

The structure of the lie is remarkably bad in that first attempt, though - notice how he was "walking into ProPhoto  ... but read this thread... and made a 180 and am walking back to my car."  He was reading the thread as he was walking into the store?  On his phone, presumably? Good thing he decided to check dpreview right before he walked into the store, I know I always do that!

-- hide signature --

Here are a few of my favorite things...
---> http://www.flickr.com/photos/95095968@N00/sets/72157626171532197/

moving_comfort's gear list:moving_comfort's gear list
Pentax K20D Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D +10 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow