D800 AF Issue is NOT resolved. Buyer beware!!!!! Locked

Started Mar 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
moving_comfort
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,880Gear list
Proof is very easy - what's the name of the store?
In reply to Arretose, Mar 23, 2013

Arretose wrote:

Not simply a question of "fanboys" (could you be a bit more dismissive?). We all deal with problems differently. The OP made a choice to test five and buy none. You recommend not buying the D600. I made a decision to buy both as soon as I could.

I bought the D600 7 months ago, have thousands of keepers, and have created some photos that are really special to me and others, some of which have sold to customers. I received a new D800E today and will be shooting tomorrow. If I have an AF problem, I'll work around and address as necessary. But I WILL be shooting a D800E tomorrow.

Warranties and consumer protection laws exist for a reason.

It's all good. I won't loose any sleep tonight over the unread comments here. The left AF issue is a proven, documented, and unresolved issue. Nikon is still making defective D800/e bodies. I offer my testimony as another witness to any that are considering the purchase of said camera. Potential buyers take that risk. That's all. Good night.

Hold on - don't shuffle off to bed yet. Will you answer the questions we asked about the secret store, your $3000 cash in hand, the 15 bystanders in the back room?   Do you have any of the test images saved?

Because it's sounding like it's a good story - but just a story.

-- hide signature --

Here are a few of my favorite things...
---> http://www.flickr.com/photos/95095968@N00/sets/72157626171532197/

moving_comfort's gear list:moving_comfort's gear list
Pentax K20D Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D +10 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow