D800 AF Issue is NOT resolved. Buyer beware!!!!! Locked

Started Mar 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Arretose
Senior MemberPosts: 1,048
Re: Beware the fanboys!
In reply to beast625, Mar 23, 2013

Not simply a question of "fanboys" (could you be a bit more dismissive?).  We all deal with problems differently.  The OP made a choice to test five and buy none.  You recommend not buying the D600. I made a decision to buy both as soon as I could.

I bought the D600 7 months ago, have thousands of keepers, and have created some photos that are really special to me and others, some of which have sold to customers.  I received a new D800E today and will be shooting tomorrow.  If I have an AF problem, I'll work around and address as necessary.  But I WILL be shooting a D800E tomorrow.

Warranties and consumer protection laws exist for a reason.

It's all good. I won't loose any sleep tonight over the unread comments here. The left AF issue is a proven, documented, and unresolved issue. Nikon is still making defective D800/e bodies. I offer my testimony as another witness to any that are considering the purchase of said camera. Potential buyers take that risk. That's all. Good night.

Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow