Contributing MemberPosts: 563
Like?
Play QuickTime with QQ Player
In reply to Cailean Gallimore, Mar 23, 2013

Cailean Gallimore wrote:

mstecker wrote:

Karlos1978 wrote:

Morning,

I just logged in from my Galaxy S2 with no problems - sometimes the keyboard will start with Caps turned on. Could be your issue? The stock browser is rubbish (imo) anyway. Perhaps try downloading Dolphin or Chrome which are both free and try logging in using those.

QuickTime is not supported out of the box by Android, as far as I am aware - it is an Apple technology after all so not surprising. I understand that MX player will play quicktime files though, and this is free too.

Karl

Thanks Karl for your help. I have MX Player on my Samsung tablet. It will play QuickTime videos silently, but has no audio. This is not a problem with both my Windows 7 and Mac OSX computers. Microsoft Windows does allow one to play QuickTime after installing the Windows version of QuickTime, but I guess there is none for Android. The typing on the tablet was correct with no capitals as it should be. I have tried both the default browser and Firefox browser for Android to login to DPR and both failed.

-- hide signature --

Sorry that this hasn't been resolved. I think someone from XDA Developers may be able to help you out.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/

Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

Thank you Cailean so much for your help.  I went to the XDA Developers web-site and did a search for "playing QuickTime on Android" and was told that the APP:
QQ Player
would play the QuickTime .mov videos.  It is free and can be downloaded from the Google Play Store.  And, yes it does work fine playing videos with both picture and sound (MX player would not play the sound in QuickTime).  It is unfortunate that Android does not build this function into their OS.  Also, I doubt that many Android users know how to play QuickTime on their phones and tablets.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow