How successful has Nikon's rebate program been for selling you a lens?

Started Mar 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PHXAZCRAIG
Forum ProPosts: 11,025Gear list
Like?
How successful has Nikon's rebate program been for selling you a lens?
Mar 23, 2013

Add a quick response if you've bought one or more lenses in the last month, motivated at least partially because of the Nikon rebates.

Seems to me to have been a very successful program for moving inventory.  Not sure about profit margin.   I based that on the number of lenses I've looked at recently and finding so many of them out of stock.  (Though that's not necessarily to do with rebating, since Nikon stock levels in the US often seem kind of boom or bust).

Anyway, my tale of $$$ spent:

-85F1.8g  Bought the 85F1.8g in early March.   Had been saving for the 1.4g, but decided to take advantage of the $100 discount and stepped off the 1.8/1.4 fence.

That lens was so much better wide open than the old AF 85F1.8 I'd had for years that I decided to upgrade my 80-200 to a 70-200vr II.

-70-200vr II.   Nice lens.  Used it over the weekend and loved it.

-80-400vr AF-S.   Well, no rebate there, but once you stick the crowbar in the wallet, you tend to just keep going.

-50F1.4g.    Another $100 off lens.   Heck, I don't even care that much for 50mm, but I've wanted a 1.4 lens for a while.

-18.5 CX lens for Nikon V1.   Was there even a rebate there?   Just buying because I wanted one (cheap) lens that was sharper than the 10-30 kit lens.

-- hide signature --

Craig
www.cjcphoto.net

PHXAZCRAIG's gear list:PHXAZCRAIG's gear list
Nikon D80 Nikon D200 Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon 1 V1 +32 more
Nikon 1 V1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow