britcam
Senior MemberPosts: 1,842Gear list
Like?
Re: Why use Pentax?
In reply to ultimitsu, Mar 23, 2013

ultimitsu wrote:

Richard B. wrote:

ultimitsu wrote:

Since I am just a hobbyist with more than one hobby, I just choose to do something else if weather does not permit.

Then you a missing some wonderful photographic opportunities

Probably, I just used them for something else

- have you never wanted to photograph the ocean in a storm,

No, never wanted that. Grown up and still lives by the sea, never considered stormy ocean to be a pretty sight worth photographing.

rocks wet with rain

Also no, Generally speaking I do not consider raining to be a pretty sight that I want to photograph.

or snow laden trees?

That I would prefer. However I dont think I need WR lens for this.

Generally speaking, I find weather conditions that demanded WR lens are not attractive enough for me to want to shoot anything.

If your photographic experiences exclude the more extreme ends of lighting and weather conditions, then I would argue that you are missing out on a large chunk of the very best "moments" in photography, since its at those times when can you really stretch both your camera skills, and your own creative abilities.

Raining might not itself be a pretty sight, but the ensuing wetness invariably provides a rich source of photo inspiration ...

But each to his own.

-- hide signature --

Kind regards
britcam

britcam's gear list:britcam's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Ricoh GR Digital IV Pentax MX-1 Fujifilm X100S Pentax K-01 +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BobNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow