Why use Pentax?

Started Mar 18, 2013 | Questions thread
spqr_ca
Contributing MemberPosts: 674Gear list
Like?
There are reasons
In reply to Jake64, Mar 23, 2013

Fairly recently, about 5 months ago, I switched from Pentax to Nikon. I had 11 lenses, 2 K-5 bodies, and a bunch of additional gadgets such as the GPS unit and battery grips. The single, sole, reason that I made that switch to the Nikon D800 was full frame. Lots of Pentaxians desire the full frame and, to me, the D800 was basically a K-5 with a 35mm sensor.

Let's be clear, I don't need a full frame. Heck, many would argue that I'm not even making great use of it, but I wanted it, and I could have it, and Pentax wasn't going to be doing it. If Pentax had had a full frame option at that point in time, I'd still be shooting Pentax, plain and simple. Why? Because Pentax cameras feel superb in the hands. The controls feel right, the layout feels right, and the camera just sits in your hands so well. The D800 is no slouch here, but it's not the same as the K-5 was.

spqr_ca's gear list:spqr_ca's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BobNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow