Need advice...

Started Mar 17, 2013 | Questions thread
Adam D Perler
Regular MemberPosts: 178Gear list
Like?
Re: Need advice...
In reply to Timmylee, Mar 23, 2013

I appreciate everyone's advice.  I am wavering between getting the EPL5 or XZ-2 /10 to hold the fort for now.  The main thing is that I have decided to stay the course with Olympus, regardless and will likely use either the xz series or EPL5 as many have suggested here while I wait to see what tricks Olympus has up its sleeve.  By chance, does anyone here have both the EPL5 and one of the xz series?  If so, which do you typically favor?  Both seem like excellent options to cover a lot of the family shots over the next several months and I could still use my fl50r flash unit that was fortunately not in my bag when it was stolen.

I wrote to Robin Wong, (I love his work and greatly value his opinion from and Olympus point of view) for his advice as well and he replied that given my situation, he'd likely favor the xz2 as a here and now option while I wait for the Fall announcements.  Also, I did check on Olympus's site and the E-5 has been out of stock for a few weeks now and it doesn't suggest when it might be available again which I hope is a good sign that the announcements are not too far off.

I miss my e-5 for sure, but at the same time it looks like my alternative options are just around the corner.  Thanks again for all of your advice.

-Adam

-- hide signature --

When I see it... I remember it.
When I read it... I learn it.
When I do it... I understand.

Adam D Perler's gear list:Adam D Perler's gear list
Olympus E-M1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow