Started Mar 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
depscribe
Senior MemberPosts: 1,115Gear list
Like?
A couple of X20 operational annoyances
Mar 22, 2013

Having played with the X20 a bit, I've found a couple of things (should be firmware fixable, if they *do* it) that already drive me crazy:

- I do not care about eye detection. First thing I turned off in my X100. The following shooting flow should be possible but, best I can tell, isn't:

1. Take picture.

2. Look at picture on LCD without having to push any buttons.

3. Half-push turns off LCD and camera is ready to take another picture.

On the X10, it was sorta-kinda possible to do this, though one was stuck in the goofy zoom mode. The menu choices were to view the picture for 0.5 second, 1.5 seconds, or continuous (zoom). Choosing the last of these would do as I describe above (though not just displaying the whole picture, which is what I want, but the zoomed-in version). On the X20 the choices are the same -- except that one elsewhere has to make a choice between LCD OVF and moronic eye detection which leaves the screen on the whole time. If one chooses the OVF, then there is *no* playback without pushing the playback button. It's absurd.

- There is no way to turn the focus box on and leave it on. It doesn't show up until focus is locked. If it can't lock focus, it doesn't show up at all. This is insane.

I love Fuji cameras, but every time a new one comes out I wonder if the Fuji designers have ever actually talked with anyone who has used a camera to make photographs.

-- hide signature --
 depscribe's gear list:depscribe's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Nikon D7100
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow