ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cplittleton
Regular MemberPosts: 320Gear list
Like?
Artisan 837 - roller damage?
Mar 22, 2013

All -

I have an Epson Artisan 837 that I've been using about 6-8 months for occasional printing.  I send all my 'final' photo prints to a lab, but use the Epson for non-photo stuff and for maybe 15-20 quick photo prints for friends and family per month.

Recently, when I print photos, the output comes out with a series of 5 evenly-spaced rectangular marks in a line about 3/4" from the leading edge of the paper.  They look very much like the printer's paper pickup rollers are scuffing the paper's surface while pulling it into the print path, and then the ink takes differently in the scuffs.  The marks are most visible on glossy paper, where I'm guessing the pick-up rollers have to grip the paper harder to pull it into the print path.

Has anyone else had this issue, and is there an easy fix?  I found nothing from a Google search.  The only advice I've seen in this forum is to try various tricks to 'clean' the rollers (some sound pretty severe), but it's more of a paper scraping than dirt so I'm not sure if a cleaning would help.

CPLittleton

cplittleton's gear list:cplittleton's gear list
Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony SLT-A77 Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM Nik HDR Efex Pro +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow