Is it appropriate for a pro wedding photographer to ask for amateur pictures of the same wedding?

Started Mar 22, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MaxCh
Regular MemberPosts: 148
Like?
Is it appropriate for a pro wedding photographer to ask for amateur pictures of the same wedding?
Mar 22, 2013

I would not even call myself an amateur. I love taking pictures but don't really know much about photography. I have a lot of respect who actually knows how to take a good picture. I do not.

I recently was at my cousin's wedding and shot hundreds of pictures. I think some of them were quite good, but, again, I am not sure I can even tell a difference between a really great photo and a mediocre one. I only shot the pictures so that my cousin would have them available next day on Picassa instead of waiting for several months. I have t3i. My cousin was extremely happy. I also focused on some family members who seemed to be ignored by the pros - that was also much appreciated.

At the end of the wedding I was approached by a pro who asked to copy my flash card. Apparently, his team "missed some shots". I did not care one way or another - I led him copy my pictures.

I am just curious if this was something many pro wedding photographers do?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
No!New
Yes.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow